As we are still in COVID-19 pandemic, there will be some changes to the normal running of our holiday park in line with Government and BHHPA Guidelines.
Please do not travel to the park if you are from A VERY HIGH COVID-19 ALERT LEVEL area.
Please do not travel to the park if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
If you or any of your party become ill while on the holiday park in the first instance call 111 for guidance. Please inform us at reception. If you are told to self-isolate, you need to return to your residential address to do so.
2. Arrival procedures:
In order to minimise any potential effects the Coronavirus may have on our service to you and your holiday here at Silver Sands, we have arranged the following temporary procedure:
One day before your arrival
We will send you an email containing your booking details together with the following information:
How to find us – It is important to use our travel directions to avoid the narrow Cornish lanes
Site Plan – We will provide you our site plan to indicate the accommodation you’ve booked.
On the day of your arrival
Please text us (07955 004808) your estimated time of arrival and all the names in your party. We will then record your party details in our check-in book.
Please note that as we open after lockdown and until further notice, the arrival time has now changed This is a change recommended by Cornwall Council and it seeks to reduce congestion on the roads into and out of Cornwall and reduce demands placed upon local services due to the large number of tourists leaving and arriving on a daily basis. It also recognises that enhanced cleaning procedures now being used by accommodation businesses will require much more time to complete.
Holiday home/lodge between 16:00 till 18:30
Touring/camping between 14:00 till 18:30
If you are unable to arrive at the park by 18:30 please arrange alternative accommodation as we will not be able to accept your arrival. Please understand that this stricter arrival’s policy is to ensure the holiday park is safe and secure for all our guests.
Upon your arrival
Please stop at Reception. Ensure only one-party member enters reception to confirm the name that the booking is made under. All other party members to remain in the vehicle. We will check that your accommodation/pitch is available and if so, allow you to proceed. Please follow the one-way system to find your accommodation/pitch.
If you are unsure of the location of your accommodation/pitch, we will assist you upon your arrival.
On the day of your departure
Please send us a text (07955 004808) indicating your departure time and also advise us if any member of your party has been unwell.
Please note that as we open after lockdown and until further notice, the departure time has now changed as per reasons stated above:-
Holiday home/lodge – 09:30
Touring/camping – 10:00
3. Whilst on the park please
- DO NOT Meet or gather with friends in a social group
- DO NOT Invite or entertain visitors.
- DO NOT allow children to roam unsupervised around the park so that they do not, albeit inadvertently, break the social distancing rule.
- DO Keep washing your hands regularly
- DO Wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
- DO Stay at least 2 metres apart – or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions.
4. Areas Closed
- Our small shop will not operate until further notice. Therefore, please ensure you stock up prior to your arrival.
- Fridges in the washup area will not be available for use due to the potential risk for spreading the virus.
5. To reduce the spread of infection we are using enhanced cleaning regimes in all public facilities and accommodations.
What you can do:
- Enjoy your holiday home / pitch and public paths around the park.
- Walk freely on the park and at all times observing social distance from other park users and the park team.
- Bring soap, hand gel, gloves, toilet roll, disinfectant and hand sanitizer. Just to be on the safe side.
- Bring your own supplies of food and drink to reduce reliance and congestion in local shops.
- Talk to any of our park team. We are looking forward to seeing you.
6. When outside the park please show consideration for our local community. Please ensure you follow guidelines in respect of social distancing.
7. Pitching and Safe Distancing
If on a hardstanding pitch, please set up as normal on the identified pitch.
If on a grass pitch, please pitch to the left and park to the right.
Nick and Kell look forward to welcoming you for a safe and relaxing holiday at Silver Sands.