Facilities at Silver Sands Holiday Park
Silver Sands Holiday Park is set in 9 acres of beautifully landscaped countryside and comprised of three fields. All our emplacements are spacious and most of them are separated by shrubs and trees.
In our first field we have the fleet of holiday homes, lodges and also have touring caravan, motorhome and campervan emplacements with electric hook-ups and water connections. Some of these emplacements also have a grey water drainage connection.
The second field is exclusively reserved for tent camping. Some of these emplacements have an electric hook-up. All are situated around the outside of a triangular field with a play area in the middle.
There is a further large field which is reached through the tent field and this is for the use of our guests. During the month of August, the lower half of the field is devoted to ten spacious summer camping pitches.
The Park has
- Clean toilet block with free showers and free hot water
- Family toilet and shower room
- A hair dryer in the ladies toilet block
- Washing up area for campers with 4 stainless steel sinks and drainers
- Freezers for our guest’s freezer blocks & frozen items
- Launderette with washing machine & tumble dryer
- Iron and ironing board available and large sink for hand wash
- Elsan point for portable toilet waste. Non Bio chemicals only
- Public pay phone
- Village bar in a walking distance
- Dedicated play area for under 6’s
- Sand pit for children of all ages
- Play area for under 14’s
- An open grassy area where ball games of your choice can be played without disturbing campers.
A public information hut displaying up to date information regarding local leisure businesses so in the event of rain you can always find something to amuse the kids
One public BBQ point at the top of our third field with picnic tables
Relax and unwind in the wild. We know that the magical atmosphere of a campfire means a lot to you. Therefore, as long as you have a fire vessel and it is above the ground, a small campfire is allowed for all touring and camping emplacements. In respect of other guests, please do clean up after your fire and dispose of cold ashes in the bins provided.
WiFi Services are provided and administered on the holiday park by Club WiFi. Please note that the WiFi signal is from outdoor transmitters and therefore variable inside the Holiday Homes.
Motorhome Dumping Point
For motorhome customers, please note that we do not have a central drive over dumping point for grey water disposal but you can run a hose from your motorhome to the point provided on your reserved fully serviced pitch or one of the communal water points.
Electric Vehicle Charging
Charging of electrical vehicles is not allowed from any of our accommodations, this applies to all types of accommodation – Lodges, Static Caravans, Touring Pitches and Camping Pitches. Non of our electric circuits are designed to carry the continuous loads required nor do they have necessary protection to prevent potentially dangerous reverse flow of DC in the event that a vehicle charger malfunctions.
We have just completed installation of a brand new ICS 7 KW EV charger from August 2022. In order to use the charger, you will need to download the Charge Assist App from the App store. Once you have the App you can set up your preferred payment options and make full use of our 7KW charger. Please be aware that the charger has an automatic load balancing system. This means that the full 7KW charge will only be delivered during off peak times. Good times to charge will be over night or during the day when most of our customers have headed off to enjoy the beach.
- For our Static Caravan customers: You will have Freeview TV reception as the signal is fed from the sites central aerial and booster positioned above the facilities block. For our Lodges, Freeview are installed on each unit.
- For Touring caravans, motorhomes, campervans and tents: Silver Sands is located in a beautiful part of the Lizard Peninsula, the area is very natural and the campsite is surrounded by many beautiful mature trees. Mature trees also divide some of the pitches. The price for this being that both TV and mobile phone reception is often poor as it is a weak signal area. We have not and cannot verify TV signal achievable from individual pitches due to the time required and various types of equipment that people use. Please see TV guideline below.
TV Reception Guidelines
- Portable satellite dish and receiver will work on some pitches. The South Eastern sky (Astra 2) is relatively unobstructed on some of the main field centre pitches only. (Not so at the top of the main field or the tent field due to large trees). Some customers obtain good clear signal others do not. One chap famously asked if it was possible that the satellite was broken J Turned out his portable dish was pointing in the wrong direction. Please note that we cannot assist you with the setup of your equipment. Please be warned that the use of noisy satellite finders does upset other campers and if we receive a complaint you will be asked to cease and desist.
- Omni directional antennas commonly fitted to older caravans and motorhomes will not work here (we have seen the odd one that does, very rare). These are the ones that are circular and for want of a better description look a little like a flying saucer.
- Directional antennas such as the Status image range/Vision Plus mast and a suitable booster will work on many pitches, not all. Fixed roof mounted directional antennas plus boosters are also available for Caravans and Motorhomes from Status.
The above information is only for guidance and we cannot guarantee your TV reception. This comes down to your own advance preparation and the equipment you use. Additionally certain natural obstructions such as trees will affect your TV reception adversely.